Pages

24 November, 2009

Teacher's Day 2009

 



Last Friday was Teacher's Day here in Vietnam!  Another new and wonderful experience. 

On Thursday night, the Faculty of Foreign Languages Department at the University of Dalat had a ceremony to celebrate the holiday.  Picture traditional dances, hip hop dancing, students singing, teachers singing, speeches and laughter... I was asked to speak on behalf of the foreign teachers and we were also asked to sing.  It was expected that I wear the traditional dress (pronounced owey eye here in Dalat).  I felt a little out of my element but the students and staff were so happy to see me in it!

On Friday, I had students texting and coming to the house all day with flowers, cards and gifts to wish me a happy Teacher's Day.  It was a great way to get to know them better as they came in smaller groups.  It was also fun to introduce them to Jeremy, Isaiah and my dad. 


Once again, I have been blown away by the generosity and respect shown to me and my family. 

No comments:

Pageviews past week