Pages

12 August, 2009

10 things

1. We are getting used to the heat. I'm using a sweater in class as some people prefer the air conditioner to be set at under 24 degrees celsius. So far we've been as warm as +38 and as low as +28 outside. Those temps are not including the humidity!

2. I (Laura) have finished 2.5 of 3 classes which precede my TEFL practicum. It has been a good refresher for me and I am really looking forward to facing the challenges that I will face next month!

3. I am now 30 years old! I had a wonderful birthday- my boys showed me love and showered me with wonderful presents! A wonderful new bag and wallet & some cheddar cheese and peppermint chocolate. And the card from Isaiah, handwritten by Jeremy, made my day!

4. Isaiah and Jeremy spent the morning at a water park with our country director, his 3 children and another kid. It was a fun, cultural experience!

5. We spent the weekend in beautiful Ha Long Bay. I was able to go kayaking and we all went swimming in the bay... surrounded by beautiful mountains and boats. It was so nice to rest in creation and see His handiwork.

6. Isaiah is now able to eat noodles with chopsticks!

7. There is a rose beside my computer. The hotel staff make sure it is looking alive and well. Speaking of computers... We've had poor internet here lately and our webcam is broken. I'm sure we'll be able to find a new one!

8. My lunch, a grilled vegetable & feta baguette and a mango smoothie, cost just over $3 Canadian. It was delicious! We've been doing well with food here. We do miss eating food we have cooked, but we've had lots of raw veggie and cracker meals at home (our hotel room).

9. We have had more than 2.5 liters of water since lunch time.

10. We miss our friends but are so grateful to be here. We are learning and growing and are being sustained.

1 comment:

laura.h said...

Eating noodles with chopsticks..wow!! Way to go Isaiah!
The kayaking sounds fun, I've always wanted to do it. Happy birthday Laura!
Laura

Pageviews past week