Pages

16 August, 2009

Weekend update





Today is Monday, I was woke by the sound of Laura's alarm going off at 5:30 so she could get ready for her class at 7:00 am. I feel weird not being the one getting up for work but am excited for all the new ways we will be doing things in the coming years.
We had a good day yesterday and enjoyed a Sunday morning taxi ride to another hotel to meet some international friends and get to know some new people. We got there quite late for the meeting as the streets had flooded the night before so traffic was slow. Afterward we met some people and I met the chairman of this company who is interested in helping me start something in the ag community in Dalat as far as development..... so we shall see where this may lead.
On Saturday we went to the country directors house and had supper with his family and our other teammates who are new to Vietnam. It was good to get to know them a bit better and enjoy a yummy curry hand made by their house helper. During the meal It rained very hard and flooded the streets in some places.
Today I will do some homeschool with Isaiah, I better teach him to read numbers in English seeing he is picking them up in Vietnamise! It also looks like we will need shoes for him again, he is growing so fast again. This afternoon at his naptime I will have my 6th language class so hopefully I will begin to understand a bit more.

No comments:

Pageviews past week