Pages

08 May, 2010

baking cakes and playing uno

yesterday, I had the joy of sharing baking with one of my students. She has become pretty close to me and the other day we were talking about what we could do together! She asked if I knew how to bake a cake and was so excited when I told her that I did and would even show her how to do it! She was an excellent baker and loved licking the spoon from the icing :)



We received another parcel in the mail last week! We have really enjoyed playing UNO together as a family and have already shared it with a lot of students. It's been a lot of fun to play.



I had some students over yesterday for listening practice. We started out with UNO and I asked the higher level students to help me explain the rules in English. It was interesting to see them try to explain the rules in English, but they did it and we had some fun with the game before settling down to more serious listening. Good practice and great for helping with the affective filter of learning.




No comments:

Pageviews past week