Pages

29 October, 2010

An epic Minsk adventure






Well I have decided that you all have waited long enough to get pictures of my borrowed motorbike and the story behind it. When we arrived in this city we were offered the use of a Russian made bike for running around on. This bike is called a Minsk and it is a sputtering, viberaiting, smoke-belching, 2-stroke, 125cc, only men and boys love it, type of bike. Laura is scared of it and Isaiah loves it. I find it practical and fun albeit a little loud and tempermental. Today I took it exploring on some amazing roads and found it to be very strong. I just wish Laura would feel safe and comfortable enough on it to come with me...


Here I am all ready for my solo day adventure with the trusty Minsk.






Here are some amazing shots of what I saw on the trail.





I got lost on my trip today and ended up having an epic journey which brought me through barren deserts,

high mountain passes buffeting me with crazy gusts of wind,

to long empty beaches with beauty to great to deny that there is a Creator,

then over amazing rice paddy covered lowlands flooded with water!


Its a good bike, just needs someone to love it!

Now excuse me while I go fix everything that broke on it today!!

2 comments:

Jenny's writings said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures Uncle Jeremy!
I especially love the sand one... so pretty!Oh... and your bike... it's umm... CUTE :)
I'd be game to ride it... to bad you are so far away!
Jen

Kevin said...

Sounds like quite the ride. Awesome scenery. I don't know if the mini truck ride I'll give you next summer will compare...

Pageviews past week